Preventative maintenance can offer a lot of benefits. Not only in ensuring your vehicle isn’t susceptible to unexpected emergency repairs, but – along with improving the lifespan of your vehicle, regular maintenance can also improve your fuel economy. Which is likely music to EVERYONE’S ears – and CJ Auto is here to help!
How to Improve Your Fuel Economy in 2023
A few things you can do to improve your fuel economy in 2023 include:
- Keep your vehicle well-maintained: Regularly check and replace air filters, spark plugs, and other engine components to ensure your vehicle is running efficiently.
- Keep your Tires Inflated: Underinflated Tires can lower your fuel efficiency.
- Reduce extra weight: And we don’t mean exercise! Although, perhaps that’s motivation too. Rather, by removing unnecessary items from your vehicle you can increase your fuel economy ever so slightly – and it all adds up.
- Avoid excessive idling: Idling can waste fuel and produce unnecessary emissions.
- Use the recommended grade of oil: Using the recommended grade of oil for your vehicle can help improve your fuel economy.
Use apps such as the Carbon App to help you better understand your emissions. As well, use Google maps to find the most efficient route for minimal travel time. Here in BC – there are multiple expectations in regards to emission worth understanding – as described here.
As discussed on our Preventative Maintenance page…
For over 30 years, CJ Auto Repairs has been helping drivers across the Lower Mainland maintain their vehicles. With certified mechanics, we are here to take care of all your auto repair and maintenance needs.
We can provide you with all of your scheduled maintenance needs, as per your manufacturer’s guidelines. From oil changes to filter replacements, fluid flushes to brakes and brake repair, shocks and struts, muffler repair, tires, and wheel alignment… we’ve got you covered.
Ready to get started? Call and ask for our Multi-Point Inspection service, which will check regular wear items and advise you about the state of your car.
We are here to offer preventative maintenance – ensuring you drive away in excellent repair!